Saturday, December 14, 2013

Burst and A Car Detail (This week's Photo Hunt)

 

I'll be honest here: I've never been a car enthusiast.  Not only am I someone who prefers walking or taking public transportation to driving myself about in a car but I've never cared all that much about car details, including their styles, horse power and such.  And when I did own a car (a necessity in public transport unfriendly Malaysia), I really just looked upon it as something that would get me from A to B, C, etc. rather than, say, an extension of myself or, worse, status symbol.

Nonetheless, every once in a while, a car will actually catch my eye  and make me feel compelled to take a photo of it -- and I can see that an owner of a vintage car like the one I saw on display at a temple fair would come close to bursting with pride, especially when (s)he sees other people admiring and closely poring over various details of the car.

And while the combination of car and Hello Kitty is likely to make many people burst out laughing, it's more likely to cause me to make "oooo!" sounds and fish out my camera to snap photos!  In most cases, the Hello Kitty components come by way of items displayed inside a car but, at Sanrio Puroland, one can behold a thoroughly Hello Kitty-fied car to pretty much the last detail!

Even then though, I actually don't aspire to own that car.  Instead, I'm just content to include a photo of it in this week's entry for Sandi's and Gattina's Photo Hunts -- and hope that the sight of it, and the Hello Kitty plushie-laden car, will bring to a smile to my fellow Photo Hunters' faces. ;b

9 comments:

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL, the Hello Kitty car is adorable. And it sure did put a smile on my face.

I'm with you about not being drawn to taking car photos (unless there is something interesting, unique or fun to draw my attention to it.) :)

Have a wonderful weekend.

eastcoastlife said...

I am not a car enthusiast too. I like to admire vintage cars though. That Hello Kitty car is too cute. If I had a daughter, I will have an excuse to buy it. lol

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean - I often burst out laughing at the goofy stuff people put in (or ON) their cars.

Have a great weekend.

Carver said...

You did a great job of combining the themes. I've never been much of a car enthusiast either.

A Tonl said...

We're going to keep a pink Hello Kitty car photo away from our fashinista feline. She LOVES PINK (LOL)!

YTSL said...

Hi Trekcapri --

Cool re the Hello Kitty car putting a smile on your face. So... would I be correct to assume that you too are a fan of Kitty Chan? ;b

Hi EastCoastLife --

Maybe you could buy a Hello Kitty car for yourself... ahem! ;D

Hi JDeQ --

When I lived in the US, I loved checking out novelty license plates and bumper stickers. And in lieu of sticking the latter on a car, I'd stick them on my dorm door and walls! ;)

Hi Carver --

I really wonder if there are any car enthusiasts among us Photo Hunters... ;)

Hi Maxwell, Faraday and Allie --

I actually prefer Hello Kitty's original colors myself to all that pink... and am glad that in Asia, I can find plenty of Hello Kitty items that are not overwhelmingly pink! :D

Gattina said...

This Hello Kitty car is priceless, lol ! I don't care about cars either, as long as I can drive with them, have a steering wheel, wheels and breaks !

Susan Demeter said...

OMG I love that second photo! Thanks for stopping by. I'm resting after surgery. Will post an update soonly and I'll hopefully be playing the photo hunters meme again this week :)

YTSL said...

Hi Gattina --

With cars: I don't even care for driving them, preferring instead -- when in them -- to be driven! ;b

Hi Sue --

That second photo captures an amazing sight as well as Hello Kitty collection to my mind. :)