Saturday, May 26, 2012

Creative and Famous Places (This week's Photo Hunt themes)


 


While wandering about viewing the many creative works temporarily on view inside one of Hong Kong's more recognizable architectural structures and landmarks, I got to thinking the building itself would be a worthy subject for Sandi's and Gattina's Photo Hunts this week -- and proceeded to snap a few shots from inside of one of those famous places whose exterior, like Hong Kong City Hall (my Photo Hunt subject last week), often appears in photographs of the Hong Kong Island skyline.

When looking this morning at the photos I took last week, I decided to go with just one and supplement it with other shots of the exterior to give those of you who aren't familiar with Hong Kong views of the building that got famously blown up in Gen-X Cops and also features pretty prominently in New Police Story -- two films that (coincidentally?) have actor-singer Nicholas Tse in their cast!

For those who are wondering: yes, both those exterior shots were taken from on board the Star Ferry.  And while I realize that it's considered a very touristy thing to do, there really still are times when I'm riding on them that I feel compelled to take out my camera and snap some photos of Hong Kong -- as well as reflect on how privileged I am to be living here in one of the most famous places -- and great cities -- in the world. :) 

14 comments:

magiceye said...

beautiful takes on the themes!!

eastcoastlife said...

I would love to live in Hong Kong for a period. It would be interesting and exciting.

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL, a wonderful take on both themes. I totally love the perspective on your first photo. Great shot. And I also love the photos from the boat. You are indeed very lucky to live in such a cool and famous city. I hope to get there one day.

Have a wonderful weekend.

YTSL said...

Hi magiceye --

Coming from you, that's high praise! :)

Hi EastCoastLife --

I hope that when you visit Hong Kong next time, you'll have time to take in the sights and venture further into the interior... not just the territory's shopping malls. ;)

Hi Trekcapri --

Hope you get here one day and when you do, will love it like I do. :)

Hootin Anni said...

This would be a most interesting and never boring place to visit. Excellent photos and your words of wisdom regarding....well worth the read.

My CREATIVE LINK Hope you can stop by. Have a great weekend.

Susan Demeter said...

It is a beautiful building! And I agree you are lucky. :) I would love to visit Hong Kong one day.

Carver said...

Good choice for both themes. I enjoy seeing Hong Kong through your photographs.

Gattina said...

Beautiful places ! and a nice combination of both themes !
Yes, in Belgium there is quiet a lot to see, and Brussels and surroundings takes several days !

LifeRamblings said...

HK is definitely a fascinating city to visit. i hope i can stay longer on my next trip to HK.

YTSL said...

Hi Hootin Anni --

Thanks for your kind words, and for reading as well as looking. Appreciate it! :)

Hi Sue --

I have to admit that I often like more what's going on inside of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre than its looks... have been to film screenings and a concert there as well as for Art HK! :)

Hi Carver --

I'm glad and feel complimented that you enjoy seeing Hong Kong through my photographs. :)

Hi Gattina --

Thanks -- and when I next go to Belgium, plan to do a lot of eating and drinking as well as sightseeing! ;D

Hi LifeRamblings --

Hope you'll be able to stay longer too when you next visit Hong Kong -- and am sure that whatever time you spend here, you'll be able to take lots of great photos. :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Living in the New World and in a smaller population of the world it sure is some contrast on famous places. Mine sort of includes a ferry but different then yours. Some people drives up in Canada and takes what we call a loop which includes a ferry ride....mine is up and the coffee is on.

Tina´s PicStory said...

beautiful shots! :)

Vicki said...

Creative description of some very beautiful views.

http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=663

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

One of the things I like about Photo Hunt is seeing how diverse participants' worlds can be... :)

Hi Tina and Vicki --

Thank you both! :)