Friday, May 6, 2022

One more walk along Victoria Harbourfront that reinforces my love of Hong Kong (Photo-essay)


While I am not happy that Hong Kong remains way behind the rest of the world (bar for Mainland China) in terms of the relaxation of social distancing regulations, I must admit to feeling some relief that I am no longer required to wear a mask when hiking.  Fingers crossed that the weather won't be too hot to pursue that activity which I've come to love for at least a few more weeks.  For while I have been enjoying my walks along the harbourfront and urban explorations in recent weeks, I plan to head to the hills once more soon (maybe as early as next week)!  
 
But before I do so, here's sharing one more Victoria Harbourfront photo-essay (that features more critter spottings than usual).  And yes, I hope that viewing them will get people realizing (once more) that Hong Kong is really beautiful and that I do still f**king love Hong Kong!

Heron out fishing in the Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter
 
The typhoon shelter's waters were on the calm side,
as one would expect them to be
 
The sound of bagpipes -- and a bagpiper on a boat -- are things
I don't expect to hear and see when walking by a typhoon shelter! :D
 
Two iconic Hong Kong sights: the Star Ferry
and, in the distance, Lion Rock
 
Can you feel the warmth, and my love for Hong Kong?
 
Sleepy stray cats stretched out on the rocks 
 
I've been told that there are eight of those critters in the area
but on my recent walk, I spotted only four (including this one)
 
Looking back at Wan Chai after having left it behind

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

That's a night heron, likely a male, with the sole long feather at the back of his head. Female night heron's are primarily brownish, dotted with grey and black all over. Very common sea birds in town, could be found near piers and typhoon shelters. Tens of them in Aberdeen, probably more.

Saw one in Kowloon park last week in the same pond as the flemingos. Also saw quite a few of them around the ponds in Northern District Park, as Tsing Yi Park previously.

T

YTSL said...

Hi T --

Thanks for the ID! Yes, very common as well as easily spotted near waterfronts along with egrets. :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I just wish pandemic would end.
Coffee is on and stay safe

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

I hear you on this! You stay safe and take care too!