Sunday, December 12, 2021

A psychologically refreshing Tai Tam Country Park hike on a beautiful December day (Photo-essay)

 It's not been the best of weeks (see here, here and here for why I think this), and I know that tomorrow will bring more heartache because the morning will see judge Amanda Woodcock disclose the sentences she'll be awarding to Jimmy Lai, Chow Hang-tung, Gwyneth Ho and five of those who pleaded guilty to taking part and/or "inciting" an "authorized assembly" in Victoria Park on the evening of June 4th, 2020.  But this weekend has managed to pass relatively peacefully and I've been able to psychologically "refresh" by going out hiking with a couple of friends in what, if pushed to choose, I'd name as my favorite country park in Hong Kong.
 
On a beautiful blue sky day that's just about right temperature wise, one of many that this autumn has served up, it's hard to not fall in love anew with Hong Kong.  Yes, many people have felt/feel forced to leave Hong Kong but I'm sure that, if given a choice, they'd much rather be able to live in a Hong Kong that's free than in other parts of the world, however free they are... and, yes, I think this even of those rare Hong Kongers who aren't into hiking!  (On a lighter note: truly, there are days when it can feel like the whole of Hong Kong's out hiking in a country park! ;D )
 
but I still can't resist doing so each time that I'm there again! 
 
View from the dam of Tai Tam Intermediate Reservoir
 
Call me strange but I do get a kick out of taking photos
where a butterfly's staring straight at me! :D
 
Looking back at the dam I had been standing on earlier in the hike :)
 
Lots of people were hiking on Violet Hill on this beautiful afternoon  
 
The water in the distance looked like solid metal
when the sun shone on it!
 
 
Heading down to hike's end

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

It look like a beautiful day for hike.
Coffee is on and stay safe

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

It was indeed a beautiful day for a hike. Alas, today was not as I could have done with going out and experiencing some serenity in the great outdoors! Instead, I spent too many hours reading more sad news befalling Hong Kong. :S