Saturday, February 9, 2013

Promise and Landscapes You Like (This week's Photo Hunt themes)


Since moving to Hong Kong, Sundays have held a special place in my heart.  This is because Sundays are regularly reserved for hiking outings. And as such, they hold the promise of adventure and my getting to be out in -- and getting to view -- landscapes that I like. (How's this for combining Sandi's and Gattina's Photo Hunt themes not only in a single blog entry but a single sentence?! :b)

For those interested in details: the top-most landscape photo is of the summit of Tai Mo Shan, Hong Kong's highest mountain (which, yes, I'm happy to say that I've been up on).  The two other photos at the top of this blog post were taken on Lantau, Hong Kong's largest -- but by no means most densely populated -- island. 

To my mind, Lantau is one of those sections of Hong Kong that rank high in terms of hiking potential and promise.  I've already been on some really enjoyable hikes (including along the Nei Lak Shan and South Lantau Country Trails as well as sections of the Lantau Trail) on that island but there still are many trails that I've yet to go on -- and that I look forward to doing so before too long. :)

19 comments:

Photo Cache said...

i always look forward to seeing what you have in store, because it's usually a sight of hk that we don'[t normally get to see.

happy cny!

http://ewok1993.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/photo-hunt-212-landscapepromise/

eastcoastlife said...

In land scarce Hong Kong, there is still interesting places to explore. Are these places backdrops for their movie and TV dramas?

Gattina said...

I see you like mountains and green landscapes ! Beautiful !

Hootin Anni said...

...a promise of adventure and beauty for sure!

YTSL said...

Hi EastCoastLife --

Most definitely re there being many interesting places to explore to Hong Kong. BTW, do you know that some 40% of Hong Kong's land lies within designated country parks?

And yep too re many of these places having served as backdrops for movies and TV dramas. :)

Hi Gattina --

I do love mountains and greenery. I also like landscapes with water in them too -- but decided to give myself some restrictions for this blog post, otherwise I'd have too much choice! :b

Hi Hootin Anni --

I'm glad you can see that (too). :)

magiceye said...

The 2nd pic is charming!!

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL, wonderful photo collection and a great take to combine the two themes. I really enjoy reading about your wonderful hikes and some of the interesting things you discover along with the beautiful scenery.

Have a great weekend and hike this Sunday.

Twisted Cinderella said...

LOVELY pics!

http://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.ca/2013/02/saturday-photohunt-promise-and.html

Annie said...

These are great photos. I really love the misty scene in the first one.

Carver said...

Beautiful shots. I always love your hiking photography. Happy weekend, Carver

YTSL said...

Hi magiceye --

Am glad you like that 2nd pic. :)

Hi Trekcapri --

I'm happy to learn that there are people out there who enjoy my hiking posts. Hope you have a good weekend too. :)

Hi TC Harris --

Thanks!

Hi Annie --

Thank you -- and re that first photo: Tai Mo Shan is often shrouded in mist. But this was a rare time that I was close enough to take a photo of it being partly covered in mist... :)

Hi Carver --

Am glad that you are another person who enjoys my hike photos. Happy weekend to you too! :)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

The Promise of adventure is always fun!
Happy Hunting :-)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Look like a wonderful place to take a hike.
Coffee is on.

Vicki said...

Lovely pics and the promise of more exploring and hiking.

YTSL said...

Hi Photo Cache --

Sorry I didn't respond to you earlier -- because your comments unfortunately got put into the "spam" section! Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

Hi Sandi --

Yes, indeedy re what you wrote... ;)

Hi peppylady --

Hong Kong is indeed a great place for hiking. :)

Hi Vicki --

Hear, hear to that! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots for this week's theme. I love the promise of a new adventure.
Have a super weekend!

YTSL said...

Hi JDeQ --

Thank and hope you had a good weekend too! My long weekend continues for a couple of days more due to Chinese New Year -- hurrah! :)

Vane M. said...

A primeira imagem é encantadora...lindo tema, um abraço!

YTSL said...

Hi Vane --

Thanks for visiting. As the proverbial "they" say, better late than never! :)