Sunday, October 30, 2022

All Things Bright and Beautiful, and "We're All Going to Die Some Day"! (Photo-essay)

Two years ago, the folks at All Things Bright and Beautiful (i.e., Ah Li and Joanne) put on an exhibition entitled "How to Survive a Disaster" that also was a launch for their 2021 calendar.  If there was a follow-up exhibition last year, I missed it -- but I did manage to get one of their 2022 calendars, whose theme was "The Story Goes On".  And earlier this week, I went to this year's exhibition (and launch for next year's calendar).

I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant to do so, given that its title of  "We're All Going to Die Some Day" sounds rather, well, ominous!  But this being the All Things Bright and Beautiful crew, things did turn out to be beautiful -- and not super dark.  And yeah, I came away, like two years ago, with another of their calendars; it's become kind of a tradition to have one of theirs to look at... along with another featuring my hero, Funassyi (whose 2023 calendar I also got this week courtesy of a Japan-based friend)! 

 
The exhibition is a small but serene feeling one; ditto re its venue
 
Two images that appear in the 2023 calendar
 
Explanatory label for the upper image in the above photo 
(click on the image to view an enlarged version of it)
 
Explanatory label for the lower image in the above photo 
(click on the image to view an enlarged version of it)
 
I found this image calming...
 
...and was heartened by its accompanying 
explanatory note
 
You can buy copies of the 2023 calendar
and such as postcards too
 
The exhibition runs until tomorrow and is very much 
worth supporting (Joanne and Ah Li are good people

No comments: