Sunday, November 15, 2020

Two Hong Kong women's tips for "How to Survive a Disaster" (Photo-essay)

Sometimes we need with some heartwarming whimsy in our lives.  Which is where my favorite Pear Fairy often comes in.  In addition to my Funassyi desk calendar (and other Funassyi items) though, I also have a couple of wall calendars hanging about in my apartment. One of them, entitled and about "Our City", has given me quite a bit of comfort and inspiration over the months with its themed drawings featuring sayings like this month's "Stop for a moment and take in the beauty of our city".

Its creators, Joanne and Ah Li (under the aegis of their "All Things Bright and Beautiful" company), have an exhibition of their works entitled "How to survive a disaster" on at the ACO Art Space (through to November 18th). I went to check it out this past Friday afternoon and am glad I did.  And noot only did I come away with, among other things, a wall calendar for the coming year and a photo of the two women behind these lovely works but I also got to thank them for their creations which really have lifted my spirits more than once when it really was in need of some help doing so... 

It was good to see a bottle of hand sanitizer at the entrance
to the exhibition, and a "photos welcome" sign too!
 
Don't well all need some advice on "How to
Survive a Disaster" right now/this year?!
 
Pictures at at exhibition
 
A great example of Joanne and Ah Li's work
 
Explanatory label for the work
 
Another work in their "How to Survive a Disaster" series
 
A sample work from their "Our City" series
 
Joanne and Ah Li among their creations at the ACO Art Space :)

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I honestly don't know if there any art galleries open or not.
Stay Safe and Coffee is on

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

Museums and art galleries are currently open in Hong Kong because, well, our pandemic situation is pretty different from the USA's: as in, this city of 7.4 million had just 8 new cases (all of them imported rather than local) today.

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/status/1328217074523508736