Saturday, October 23, 2010

Orange (This week's Photo Hunt theme)



Eck! I just realized that I ate my orange-colored breakfast (of slices of honeydew melon) without taking a single photograph of it! No matter though, really, because when I saw the theme for this week's Photo Hunt, I was pretty set on putting up sunset photos from two wonderful September days spent in areas bordering two adjoining bodies of water in Plover Cove and Tolo Harbour.

The first of these days took place a couple of years ago and activities on that day out in Tai Mei Tuk included a stroll along the circular Tai Mei Tuk Family Walk that offers views of Plover Cove, Plover Cove Reservoir and the Pat Sin Leng range with my mother and four other friends of various ages and evening of barbecue gluttony. (And for the record, I'd previously used other photos from that day previously for my "warm" and "sparkle" Photo Hunt entries!)

The second of these took place more recently -- again, on a birthday weekend during which I went on a hike that offered up great sights (both on Ma Shi Chau and on the way to and back from there) and spent time enjoying the colorful, orange-tinged displays that the setting sun provided us with.

And lest there be any doubt: yes, these photos really were taken in Hong Kong -- albeit in sections of the Fragrant Harbour that are far off the beaten tourist (and expatriate) path. Hence my frequent recommendations to visitors (and even quite a few residents) to go out and explore Hong Kong -- for it really is a place with so much to offer in terms of things to do, sights to see, etc., etc. -- and with regards to natural as well as cultural attractions!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the warm glow in these photos. love the composition of the 2nd photo.

jmb said...

YTSL these are so beautiful. You certainly see a different Hong Kong from most people and we are lucky you share it with us.

Happy weekend to you.

MaR said...

Fantastic shots for orange, simply beautiful!!
Happy weekend!
orange

Randi said...

Your posts are always very interesting!
Love the scenery - so beautiful!

Have a great weekend.

Marie said...

Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful orange sunsets :) Just spectacular!

Enjoy your weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos.

healingmagichands said...

Very nice. And great advice to any tourist and resident! Every community has wonderful spots that are not on the "tourist agenda" that are only found if you bravely walk your own path of exploration. Thanks for sharing some of your secret spots with us.

http://healingmagichands.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/photohunt-orange-2/

Colin Campbell said...

Lovely. If I come to Hong Kong, will you show me some of these places?

LifeRamblings said...

lovely shots of sunset.

Anonymous said...

such beautiful shots of orange. I can picture your honeydew melon too.

Anonymous said...

I went with a similar thought this week!

The light in these shots is stunning.

Maboe said...

Great shots!

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL, I really love Sunsets and these are two stunning shots. I love how that first one is right at the tip of that mountain top.

Have a wonderful weekend.

YTSL said...

Hi Luna Miranda --

Glad you found things to like in both the photos. :)

Hi jmb --

I'm glad to be able to share "my" Hong Kong -- and especially with appreciative folks like you. :)

Hi Mar --

Thanks much and happy weekend to you too. :)

Hi Randi --

Welcome back after a too long absence! :)

Hi Marie --

Thanks!

Hi chaoticallyme --

Thank you to you too. :)

Hi bookmouse --

Glad you like them. :)

Hi healingmagichands --

Thanks for appreciating my words as well as photos. :)

Hi Colin --

If I am here when you next visit, I think it'd be fun to show you around. :)

Hi Life Ramblings --

Thanks. :)

Hi "And Miles To Go..." --

Teehee re the honeydew melon. And in case you had any doubt, it was deliciously sweet as well as orange. :)

Hi JDeQ --

Sunsets are hard to rest taking photos of, right? ;b

Hi Maboe --

Thank you. :)

Hi Trekcapri --

Glad you like that shot. The sun set so very quickly I almost missed out on it! :)

Carver said...

The sunsets are so beautiful and I love the way the color spills on the water. Such beautiful places to go to.

Susan Demeter said...

Great shots YTSL! They are both postcard worthy :)

Marta said...

Both are beautiful but I love the second one. I was reading about the day and it sounded lovely.

Liz said...

Lovely and calm. :)

Liz @ MLC

Gattina said...

What a nice picture !
Yesterday a group of Chinese tourists arrived. We were all very surprised because there are very few Chinese tourists. I don't know yet from where they are, they only speak chinese, lol !
Isn't that exotic ? Chinese in Egypt !

The Social Frog said...

I love the sun setting, very warm and cozy looking, great shot!

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

thats a nice take on the orange theme...beautiful skies, thanks for sharing

Janice said...

What lovely Hong Kong shots for this week's orange theme...

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Wonderful photos! I like how the last of the sun shimmers on the water in both photos. Sunsets are just amazing and you caught them.
Su-sieee! Mac
This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.
P.S. Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier.

YTSL said...

Hi Carver --

I like the sunset color spillage onto the water too. Sometimes, I look back and think my photos should have had more sky but I just fixate so much on that shimmering water, you know? :b

Hi Sue --

*Blush* and thanks for the compliment! :)

Hi Marta --

Thanks for clicking the link and reading about the other day. :)

Hi Liz --

Yes, indeedy. :)

Hi Gattina --

Hmmm... I've been meaning to visit Egypt some time with my German friend. I wonder whether people will consider us really exotic should we visit there together! :DDD

Hi The Social Frog --

Can definitely vouch for both those days being on the warm side. In fact, that 2008 was really humid too -- slightly more so than I would have liked, actually! ;b

Hi Noel --

Thanks and you're welcome. :)

Hi Janice --

Glad you think so (too). :)

Hi Su-sieee! Mac --

Sunsets -- especially when viewed from near bodies of water -- really can be quite the natural show. :)

Annie said...

Truly gorgeous views and wonderful photos!

Happy weekend. :)

Lew said...

Perfect sunset for this week's theme!

YTSL said...

Hi Annie --

Thanks, glad you like what you saw here. :)

Hi Lew --

SunsetS actually... ;b