Saturday, February 11, 2012

Heart and vintage (This week's Photo Hunt themes)



As regular visitors to this blog (including fellow participants of Sandi's and/or Gattina's Photo Hunt memes) can't help but realize, I love hiking in Hong Kong -- and really heart that there are plenty of cool sights for me to check out when I'm on the trails.

To be sure, when out on a beautiful, clear air day hiking such as the Tai Tan Country Trail (that I like so much I've happily hiked it twice -- with different pairs of friends -- as well as took enough photos to make up three photo-essays (see here, here and here) the first time around), it can be hard to tear one's eyes away from the gorgeous -- vintage even? ;) -- vistas that abound in this part of the world.

But my experience of hiking on hazy, misty, foggy and polluted air days have trained and taught me to look closer around me as I walk along the trails. And now, even on days when one can see far into beautiful blue yonders, I find that there invariably are nearby things that will catch my eye.

Thus it was, that (even) while walking along the Tai Tan Country Trail, I came to spot two rocks -- whose age I can't tell, but probably are old enough to be considered vintage -- that looked to me like nature had carved into hearts! (For surely you won't be stone-hearted and not allow me this stretch of the imagination that makes it so that I can "play" this week? ;b)

22 comments:

MaR said...

I simply love those heart-shaped stones!! beautiful shots.
Back from my hiatus :)
Happy weekend!
curiosity

magiceye said...

lovely takes on the themes!

Gattina said...

This heart is more then a vintage, lol ! It must be from the stone age !

Annie said...

I love your nature hikes and that heart-shaped stone is quite a find. I love looking for natural hearts but most of the ones I find are leaves. A rock is cool!

Carver said...

I absolutely love your creative take on the two themes. Amazing how the rocks were carved out over time into vintage hearts. Happy Weekend.

Susan Demeter said...

I love how nature has over timed turned these stones into hearts. LOve your creative take on the themes. We love to hike on weekends too. :)

eyesonme2world said...

Great to enjoy the nature or vintage places with hearts~

keeyit said...

You have a special heart and vintage post for this sat...

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL, awesome post. Your last sentence made me :). I love your heart shaped stones. Very cool photos and a great take on both themes.

Have a wonderful weekend.

YTSL said...

Hi Mar --

Thanks for the love showered on the heart-shaped stones. :)

Hi magiceye --

Am glad you consider them lovely. :)

Hi Gattina --

Hehehe... stone age sounds right, alright! ;b

Hi Annie --

Woah, I don't think I've noticed any heart-shaped leaves yet... ;b

Hi Carver --

I'm glad you like my take on this week's theme. If you're wondering, it was this or something Hello Kitty-themed actually... ;b

Hi Sue --

Glad to learn that you enjoy hiking on weekends too. :)

Hi eyesonme2world --

Three cheers and more love for mother nature? ;b

Hi keeyit --

Thanks for thinking so. :)

Hi Trekcapri --

I'm glad you like that last sentence. Have to admit that I did put some thought into it... and yeah, hope(d) that the pun got people smiling. :)

Kim, USA said...

That is pretty good find. Thanks for sharing.

My Heart

ancient one said...

I have looked and looked, but still haven't found a heart shaped stone. I really like yours!!

Jerry said...

You did well to fid those heart-shaped stones!

Have a great weekend.

CherryPie said...

It seems if you look carefully enough there is a heart to be found everywhere :-)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I have a collection of ♥shaped stones!
You can find them when you least expect it.

Anne said...

wonderful post! The heart shaped stones are beautiful, and your descriptions of Hong Kong are so evocative!

YTSL said...

Hi Kim --

You're welcome re the sharing and thanks for visiting and checking out the photos. :)

Hi ancient one --

Sometimes, when you're not looking, you'll find... ;b

Hi Jerry --

I didn't really go out of my way to find the heart-shaped stones. I just came across them in the hike. And when it came time for this meme, I quite easily remembered these photos as it's not every day one comes across stones shaped like hearts! :b

Hi CherryPie --

You may well be right about that! ;b

Hi Sandi --

I think that so much in life is easier to find when you're not looking then when you're desperately searching for them! ;b

Hi Anne --

Thanks for reading as well as looking. Appreciate it. :)

Dianne said...

Neat heart-shaped finds in nature!
Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

Suzy said...

Loved the heart shaped stones - amazing how nature creates.

YTSL said...

Hi Dianne --

Thanks for returning the favor of checking out my Photo Hunt entry. :)

Hi Suzy --

Nature sure is amazing in so many ways. :)

A. said...

Yes, I definitely see hearts there, and probably more vintage than anything.

YTSL said...

Hi A. --

Am glad you reckon that my photos fit both this past Saturday's Photo Hunts' themes. :)