Monday, April 30, 2007

Last post from Penang


A view from Penang Hill
(which, in some ways, could be described as
Penang's version of Hong Kong's Victoria Peak! ;b)

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..." That's the first line of a John Denver song that was a favorite of mine many years back. And it also is a pretty good summation of how I feel as I sit in front of my computer to compose the last blog entry that I'll be writing from Penang...at least until I return to my family home at some point down the road. (I'm thinking maybe at the end of this year.)

I had hoped that this post could be longer and more well thought out than what I'm currently producing. (More precisely, I actually was thinking that it'd be nice -- and/or make for interesting reading -- for me to not only link to the recently announced news regarding what have been voted as Malaysia's top ten favorite fiction books but also post my own list of top ten favorite fiction books in response to it.)

Alas, however, time flies when one is packing, saying au revoirs and otherwise getting ready to leave another phase of one's life so that yet another can begin.

So before I turn in for the night (and have this blog go on what hopefully will be but a brief hiatus), here's "just" going ahead and thanking all of you who have written, be it on the comments section of yesterday's blog entry or by e-mail, to send along congratulations, wish me well, tender advice and signal your willingness to meet up with me after I get in to Hong Kong.

Also, I hope that the folks concerned won't mind if I don't personally respond to some of them for some time but do please rest assured that I have been/am reading these notes and will endeavor to respond to them at some point in the near future. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best YTSL and good luck. I/We know you will enjoy HK. Thanks for your blog and I hope we can read about your adventures in HK soon! Take care and hope to see you again soon. Will definitely miss those occasional trip to Penang and meeting up for food, chats and much more. Thanks.

Edmund Yeo said...

Have fun in HK! Darn, I wish I can go there someday too.

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you, and looking forward to reading about your new adventures!

(I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while--I've been busy with school work. But I'll try to revisit your recent posts to comment. Especially on the 5 questions post!)

Good luck!

Alejna

Madara said...

Well, I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say that we all look forward to hearing from you in whatever way possible as soon as you get settled and set up on a computer again. We're all excited for you and eager to hear about whatever new adventures you embark on. And see as much as you can show us in the great photos you take. It all sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can see how this trip to Hong Kong would be especially exciting for you. I hope it turns out to be even better than you imagine!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! HK must be really hectic and work occupies you eh. No new blog since you left Penang. Gosh, that's weird! :P

YTSL said...

Hi hdoong --

Thanks for your message and do let's keep in touch even though we're no longer in the same country. :)

Hi Swifty --

I'm busy, busy, busy over here in Hong Kong. But don't worry, have managed to have some fun here already too. Also, yes, I really would like to highly recommend it as a place to visit. :)

Hi Alejna --

Thanks for thinking of me. Hope you enjoy reading my latest blog entry that I just finished writing and putting up! :)

Hi leo86 --

Got a new entry up. As for photos: Sorry, but you'll have to wait a bit more for those. Have been too busy running around to actually pause and take photos! A bit sad, really, since there actually have been quite a few days since I arrived where clear blue skies actually can be seen over here in Hong Kong! :)

Hi anonymous --

Thanks and yeah, I too hope that it turns out to be even better than I imagine! ;b

Hi Kit --

Yeah, Hong Kong is really hectic, etc. Something else worth mentioning is that Hong Kong is the kind of place where one is very much inclined to spend time outside of, rather than in, one's abode. So for many reasons, I have to admit that the blog won't be as regularly updated while I'm in Hong Kong as it was when I was in Penang. Nonetheless, hope that there'll be enough updates to make people want to keep on visiting and re-visiting... :)