There are so many things in life that I consider to be important. Still, if push comes to shove, it's hard to think of anything more important than water (especially a plentiful supply of clean H20). Consider the following facts gleaned from the Wikipedia:-
- Water covers 71% of the earth's surface;
- Human civilization (and scores of metropolises) has historically flourished around rivers, major waterways and still other bodies of water;
- The human body is anywhere from 55 to 78% water (depending on body size);
- To function properly (and to avoid dehydration), humans require up to 7 liters of water per day;
- Water is used to wash, clean, cook, process food, in power generation, for recreational purposes and so much more besides; etc.
Than there's the aesthetic pleasure that viewing -- and photographing ;b -- running water, waterfalls (be these natural and man-made) and reflections on still water can provide. Hence my decision to offer up more photos than usual -- and one example each of the afore-mentioned -- for this week's Photo Hunt... :)