Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Ringing in the new year of the tiger with a hike along the South Lantau Country Trail! (Photo-essay)

Kung hei fatt choi!  Sun nin fai lok!  Sum seung si sing!  A new year of the tiger is here and I sincerely hope that it'll be a better one for Hong Kong, and the world at large, than the most recent pig, rat and ox years have been.  
 
On a personal note: so far, so good -- in that, even though the weather had threatened to be less optimal, I still managed to go and have a pleasant hike earlier today with a friend!  So here's taking a (short) break from political and pandemic talk and sharing some photos from this afternoon's hike along from Pak Kung Au to Nam Shan along the South Lantau Country Trail which I've been on a number of times already, and enjoyed every time!  (And yeah, pretty much every time I go hiking, I get to thinking that Hong Kong is really beautiful and that I f**king love this part of the world!)

Things were on the distinctly misty side 
when my hiking companion and I got off 
the bus at Pak Kung Au and began today's hike 
 
Undeterred, we pressed ahead -- and, frankly, I thought
that conditions weren't all that bad and actually picturesque!
 
About one third into the hike, the mist lifted and 
we startedto get scenic views, including of 
Sha Tsui village and Cheung Sha beach
 
One of a number of rock pools that I could see some 
people getting tempted to get in on a warmer day :b
 
Wild mint that gives off a nice fragrance, 
especially if you tear the leaves
 
Greenery as far as the eye could see, and a bit 
of mist that made the scenery atmospheric ;)
 
View that includes Pui O village and beach
Post boxes at Nam Shan, including one for the village
and another that looked like it had been transported
all the way over from the USA! :D

No comments: