Thursday, February 9, 2012

Okinawa hotel seaside views


Sunny morning view from the balcony
of the seaside hotel I stayed in for
the bulk of my recent Okinawa holiday

Another beautiful vision beheld from
the same balcony
that same morning

Photo taken from that same balcony --
this time around sunset that same day

If anyone had told me before my recent Okinawan vacation that an enjoyable time could be had by just sitting on a hotel balcony and gazing out at the vista of sea and sky, I'd have dismissed the suggestion as something I'd be wont to do only in my twilight years. But that was before I saw the incredible view -- or, rather, views since it/they changed so much from minute to minute! -- from the balcony of the room at the Hotel Resonex Nago that I shared with two friends for the bulk of our Okinawa vacation.

And it wasn't just me either who found herself being drawn like a magnet to the splendid seaside sights! Indeed, it was the youngest -- and arguably most energetic -- of our party of three who proposed that we rest a bit, and hang out on the balcony to see the sun set on the second full day of our vacation.

As it so happens, the sunset we had hoped to catch turned out to be obscured by clouds hanging so low over the horizon that it looked like they would fall into the ocean! Still, we could -- and did -- take solace in having had many great views from that same balcony, including during the morning and evening of the previous day -- some of which I am very pleased to have managed to capture with my digital camera and thus be able to share with this blog's visitors. :)

7 comments:

alejna said...

Beautiful! It can be fascinating to watch the changing light on a good view. (I once went into a sort of trance in New York City taking photos from high-story hotel room window in the late afternoon. The light and reflections kept changing, and I couldn't tear myself away!)

sarah bailey knight said...

hi ytsl,

Gorgeous photos. I still can't get over how beautiful the view from the hotel room was! The colors in the sky at sunrise and sunset were wonderful.

YTSL said...

Hi Alejna --

Am glad you find the photos beautiful -- and thanks for sharing your New York City photo-taking story. :)

Hi sbk --

Thanks -- and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos from that same balcony. :b

sygoh said...

Beautiful pixs, Y!

YTSL said...

Hi sy --

Thanks. And keep on commenting on this blog now that you've started! ;b

eliza bennet said...

I just saw this and GREAT view and lovely photos too!

Thanks for sharing (and I'm looking forward to see more)

YTSL said...

Hi "eliza bennet" --

I'm wondering... are you thinking of visiting Okinawa (now)? ;b