Saturday, February 15, 2014

Reflection and Vertical (This week's Photo Hunt themes)


It actually didn't need much reflection on my part to figure out how I wanted to combine Sandi's and Gattina's Photo Hunt themes for this week.  Simply put, my plan involved choosing vertical (as opposed to horizontal) photos showing reflections in them.

Interestingly, when hunting through my photo archives, I got to realizing how many more horizontal than vertical photos I take!  So, if I actually done a bit of thinking and reflecting, I might have opted for another way to combine this week's Photo Hunt themes!!

Nonetheless, I think the three photos I'm offering up this week are pretty okay by themselves and make for a nicely diverse group -- with the top-most photo showing one of Hong Kong's many highly vertical residential structures and its reflection on the water, the second having my reflection on a window of an intriguing looking building I came across while hiking that appears to never have been completed (as well as abandoned), and the third of reflections of clouds on the windows of one of the territory's highest buildings, the 415 meters tall Two International Finance Centre. :)

17 comments:

Anne said...

These are wonderful photos! Really like the clouds reflected in the glass building. Great choices for the themes!

Carver said...

These are all great for the themes and beautiful shot. Happy Weekend!

Photo Cache said...

You did marvelously with this week's theme.

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL. great selfie reflection! Very cool photo collection for the two themes. I like the clouds in your last photo. And wow that is one tall building. 88 floors is amazing.

Have a wonderful weekend.

eastcoastlife said...

Hong Kong like Singapore has too many tall buildings. The reflections on those glass surfaces are so glaring during the day.

YTSL said...

Hi Anne --

Glad you like my choices of photos and themes. :)

Hi Carver --

Thanks, and happy weekend to you too. :)

Hi Photo Cache --

I'm happy you think so! :)

Hi Trekcapri --

It's not just that it's 88 floors but it's also 88 high ceilinged floors! ;b

Hi EastCoastLife --

I actually like many of Hong Kong's tall buildings, so wouldn't say there are too many of them! ;b

Gattina said...

What a nice combination of both themes !

magiceye said...

Lovely takes :)

YTSL said...

Hi Gattina --

I'm happy you think so! :)

Hi magiceye --

Thanks. :)

Annie said...

All are nice shots. The reflections you caught in the building are amazing!

Susan Demeter said...

Hey there you are! What a cool find on your hike :) Great shots I really like the reflection of the clouds too :)

The pic in question on my blog was from last Summer, but in a town that prides itself on its surrounding pumpkin patch so yes year-round its like Halloween :)

Mike said...

Well done! I also have a "vertical" building, but the reflections are not good enough to qualify for the reflection theme!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

very nice. I combined the two as well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful reflection shots- perfect for this week's hunt.

Have a super weekend.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I think I love the clouds best ~ beautiful reflections!

Bing said...

you're plan worked. the outcome is beautiful.

YTSL said...

Hi Annie --

Thanks -- and I gather you like the cloud reflections on 2 IFC best? :)

Hi Sue --

Yup, there I am... and ya, it's a rare treat. Normally the most you'll see of me is my shadow -- teehee! ;b

Hi Mike --

Thanks! Re vertical buildings: we have plenty of them here. So it's actually pretty easy to get pics of them for me. :)

Hi aspiritofsimplicity --

There's a group of us who do play both Sandi's and Gattina's Photo Hunts. It makes for twice the challenge each week, I reckon! ;b

Hi JDeQ --

Thanks, and I did have a pretty good weekend (which, alas, is fast coming to a close as it's already 10.44pm on a Sunday as I write this)!

Hi Sandi --

I like that that day when I took the cloud photo also was one with bright blue skies. :)

Hi Bing --

Thanks for thinking that! :)