Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hiking up Cloudy Hill from the area around Lau Shui Heung Reservoir (Photo-essay)

After writing about a hike where I wasn't able to get to the top of a hill with the kind of name that had struck my fancy and made me want to go up it, here's writing about a hike where I was able to do what I had set out to achieve!  More specifically, here's finally putting up a photo-essay of the hike that took two friends and I went on up Cloudy Hill one cold (by Hong Kong standards!) day -- one that was made all the more special by the clouds having parted after we got up to Cloudy Hill to reveal a pretty cool view showing the panoramic scene below... :)

There was plenty of dew on the ground 
near our hike's start in the vicinity of 
Lau Shui Heung Reservoir that afternoon 

 Look how green is my Hong Kong! :)

 A quick glimpse of the reservoir was all we had time for 
as we were focused on getting up Cloudy Hill that afternoon

There's a paved path leading up Cloudy Hill but its 
cracked condition makes me think not many vehicles use it

I don't know the name of this flower but I know
that it definitely added welcome color to 
the largely gray landscape that day :)

There most certainly are times when Cloudy Hill
really deserves its name

this was the non-view that greeted us when we got
to the top of Cloudy Hill!

As we began our descent, we noticed that it had
started to clear a bit though...

To be continued! :)

5 comments:

Goodbye HK, Hello YVR said...

Nice pic of the dew and that strange flower! Any insects like spiders? Or was that an abandoned cobweb?

YTSL said...

Hi The Fragrant Harbour --

No bug spottings on that hike. I think they were all hibernating...

BTW, spiders are not insects but, rather, arachnids. (Remember, they have eight legs, not six!) But yes, I think that's an abandoned cobweb in the first photo. :)

alejna said...

Beautiful photos! I love that last one, with the path zig-zaggin and snaking across the hilltops. The mist adds additonal mystique! (Mistique?)

I love the dew drops on that flower, too. Stunning!

Samson said...

Nice Pics, YTSL! Now onto a topic totally unrelated to this post (sorry): your score for Christmas Rose went up from 3 to 7 on re-watching. Was it a new cut that you got to see, or did you really like it a lot more on 2nd viewing?

YTSL said...

Hi Alejna --

Glad you like the photos. And please do return for the second photo-essay for this hike! :)

Hi Samson --

Am glad you like the photos too. And re your Christmas Rose query: felt it merited a whole blog entry.

Please go here:-
http://webs-of-significance.blogspot.hk/2013/05/responding-to-reader-samsons-query.html

(And ya, I admit it -- you gave me a good excuse to put up some Christmas Rose related photos I took! ;b)