Saturday, May 18, 2013

Glass and Show hands (This week's Photo Hunt themes)


This was one of those weeks where I had lots of photos for Sandi's chosen Photo Hunt theme (Glass) and Gattina's (Show hands) but not all that many which combined them.  But after hunting through my photo archive, I've come across at least three -- and I didn't even have to use a magnifying glass when searching! ;b

Re the top-most photo: Here's more proof that Hong Kong has a kawaii streak that can rival Japan's -- this time courtesy of the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and the warning signs it plasters on its glass doors and barriers, floors, etc.!  Re the characters: it's interesting that they sometimes don't have legs but they always have hands showing along with faces!!

Re the middle and last photos: yes, they are of sizable spreads -- that also did involve alcoholic drinks served in glass vessels.  Re the hands shown in them: I find it amusing that I didn't even realize that they were in the frame when taking the photos because I was focused so much on the food on the table.  But their presence has made it so that these photos work for this week's Photo Hunt combo -- and I'm really happy about that! :)

18 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

HK's kawaii themes are creating much talk among netizens. What is going to happen to Big Yellow Rubber Duckie?
I am more interested in the dimsum lol

MaR said...

Very well done, YTSL! I took a picture specially for the themes this time :) Happy weekend.

photohunters

YTSL said...

Hi EastCosatLife --

I expect the Big Yellow Rubber Duckie to get re-inflated soon. Have to say though that I've been all that bowled over by it and am amused by its fried egg incarnation... ;b

Hi Mar --

Thanks -- and I'll have to go over to your blog to see what photo you specially took for this week! ;b

magiceye said...

Lovely takes for the themes!

Anonymous said...

Great captures for this week's theme.

Have a super weekend.

Susan Demeter said...

I like those cartoonish figures. They are more fun than simple "Mind The Gap" signs :)

my Photo Hunt blog entry for this week

Happy photo hunting and weekend!

Kalyan said...

beautiful colours...lovely!

Carver said...

You had great shots for the theme and it's funny how the characters always have hands showing.

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL, I love the smiling faces characters and I think I would be focusing on the food too. Great photo finds for the two themes.

Have a great weekend!

YTSL said...

Hi Magiceye --

Glad you think so!:)

Hi JDeQ --

Thanks, and hope you have a good weekend too. :)

Hi Sue --

Agreed re the MTR warnings having those cartoonish figures being more fun than signs with simple words on them. :)

Hi Kalyan --

Thanks!

Hi Carver --

I guess it's because hands are expressive as well as faces. :)

Hi Trekcapri --

More proof that we often think similarly... ;b

YTSL said...

P.S. To Kalyan --

Sorry for not leaving a comment on your blog post but your blog won't allow me to do so as YTSL for some reason! :(

Gattina said...

Very nice combinations !

Goodbye HK, Hello YVR said...

Hey that's my hand! hahahahaa

smalltownme said...

Great combo of the two themes!

Bing said...

i will definitely not notice the hand beside those scrumptious looking food! it worked perfectly for the theme!

YTSL said...

Hi Gattina --

Thanks -- and may I say: together, you and Sandi often do create quite the Photo Hunt challenges! ;b

Hi The Fragrant Harbour --

Teehee -- one of them: yes! :D

Hi smalltownme --

Thank you!

Hi Bing --

So it's not just me too re the not noticing the hands because of the food... ;b

peppylady (Dora) said...

The food sure look good...Thanks for stopping in and it seem some how the corn starch doesn't leave streaks or smudge mark on windows.

Coffee is on

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

The food in the second photo may look nice but I must say that it's the one in the bottom photo that was truly delicious! ;b