Thursday, March 17, 2022

Finding beautiful things to (temporarily) focus on and enjoy still in Hong Kong (Photo-essay)

There is so many terrible things happening in so many parts of the world.  I think many people (especially in the West) are focused on what's happening in Ukraine as well as their respective homelands.  But I find myself thinking from time to time re the troubles in places like Tibet, Xinjiang, Myanmar and Thailand too.  And if all our human-made problems (which I'd consider Hong Kong's fifth coronavirus wave to partly be) weren't enough, Mother Nature's been getting into the act too.  
 
 
Amidst it all though, I got a reminder (via WholesomeMemes over on Twitter) that even when things aren't going well in our world, we have to try to find something beautiful.  So here's sharing photos from yet another spring day stroll along the Victoria Harbour-front that I hope will provide you with a visual and psychic cleanse:
 
The past few days have been warmer than usual 
for this time of the year as well as welcomingly sunny
 
Perhaps because the weather was truly good, a pair of pet owners
decided to bring their parrots out to enjoy the sun and fresh air
 
Yup, there had more than one bird with them! (And yes, it's 
fairly normal for Hong Kong bird owners to take the pets out) :b

Bird number three -- the brightest of the bunch, and also the wildest 
in behavior (I get the feeling that if it wasn't chained, it would have 
flown away and joined the cockatoo crew that lurk about in Victoria Park!)
 
Looking westwards towards the setting sun (with visibility
so high I could clearly see Castle Peak in the distance)
 
If you looked in other directions at this point in the
late afternoon, the sky actually was still on the blue side :)
 
The low clouds over Kowloon Peak were a visual bonus!
 
Still more low clouds over the Kowloon Hills spotted
as I neared the end of my walk that late afternoon/early evening :)c

No comments: