Wednesday, November 9, 2011

From Hok Tau Irrigation Reservoir towards Sha Lo Tung (photo-essay)


For those of you who haven't yet realized, I wrote
my final entry about my Japan vacation this past Tuesday -- some 20 entries after the one announcing a temporary change in focus on this blog from Hong Kong to Japan. And upon looking at my blog records, I discovered that the last hike I wrote up in photo-essay form on this blog was that which took me from the greater Mui Wo area northwards and upwards to Silvermine Cave all the way to Tai Ho Wan.

Looking ahead in chronological order, the next hike I went on was a circular one that took a hiker friend and I from Hok Tau Irrigation Reservoir down south to Sha Lo Tung and then back again to Hok Tau. Some months ago, a couple of friends and I had gone along much the same route. But having gone along this trail twice now in different seasons, I can vouch for the experience being quite different according to the seasons and some months on...

Along the concrete road leading to
Hok Tau Reservoir
from the nearest minibus
stop to it
on a beautiful blue sky day

An old style marker stating that Sha Lo Tung
is just 2 kilometers
from Hok Tau Reservoir
grossly underestimates the time to get there
(especially if you stop often to snap photos! ;b )

The kind of flower spotted growing in the
Hong Kong countryside whose sight
I marvel
at but I, alas, cannot name


Beautiful scenery on view at Hok Tau Reservoir

A nice shaded path to walk along and through

The kind of natural sight that many people walk by
without so much at a glance

but which I consider worthy of a photograph!


Yes, this is (in) Hong Kong!

...and so is this -- and yes, this most definitely
is part of the beauty of Hong Kong! ;b


To be continued... :)

2 comments:

Raine said...

The second pic reminded me of a scene from LOTR. A shire and a Ringwraith where the path appeared to elongate when Ringwraith was just nearby. Peaceful shots. :D

YTSL said...

Hi Raine --

I have to confess that I've never seen "Lords of the Ring" but am glad that my photo got you thinking of it. Also, thanks for commenting on a previously comment-less blog entry. :)