Saturday, July 16, 2022

Enjoying a (temporary but still welcome) respite from negative news and the ongoing heatwave at the East Coast Park Precinct (Photo-essay)

It's been a trying week; with lots of bad news about -- and for those who are on the side of -- Hong Kong pro-democracy protestors and activists.  I've blogged about the prison sentences meted out to 76-year-old Koo Sze-yiu and 66-year-old Alexandra Wong.  Thus far, I've not had the heart to blog about the sad news involving more youthful individuals received in recent days.  Oh, and the Covid numbers for Hong Kong have been rising again.  Also, like much of the world, we're in the midst of a heatwave.    
 
The last two developments have got me spending more time at home than I'd like.  But this evening, I decided to venture out for a bit and was pleasantly surprised to find refreshing breezes blowing and cooling things down a bit.  As a result, I found my feet taking me over to the East Coast Park Precinct, where I found myself enjoying the sights -- some of which I photographed and have decided to share a selection of snaps here:
 
Sailboats out in Victoria Harbour
 
This fairly new urban park (which officially opened to the public
on September 25th, 2021) is popular with kids and adults alike
 
The park's features include a 100 meter long breakwater, at the 
 
 
View looking east dominated by Kowloon Peak and a cloudy sky :)
 
View looking west and over to the tip of the Kowloon Peninsula
 
Popular as well as picturesque seating area within the park :)
 
A closer look at them reveals that the lantern 
patterns are very Hong Kong :)
 
All in all, the East Coast Park Precinct is a pretty pleasant space :)

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I find the lantern interesting.

Coffee is on and stay safe

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

I'm glad you do! :)