Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A de-stressing respite from upsetting Wuhan coronavirus news via time spent in Hong Kong's beautiful countryside (photo-essay)

As long time readers of this blog know, I hail from Malaysia (and this blog was founded when I was still living in Malaysia).  Understandably, then, I've been following political events there -- and while what happened in the country of my birth filled me with joy in 2018, they've gotten me close to despair in recent weeks.  As you can imagine, I've also been following what's been happening there in recent weeks with some concern; and this includes the Wuhan coronavirus' continued incursions in the country 

Frankly, last Sunday's news and occurrences were so stressful that I not only felt that it had caused me to grow new gray hairs on my head but also come to have an urgent need the day after to go for a de-stressing hike in the (not-too-crowded) Hong Kong countryside.  So that's exactly what I did on Monday afternoon.  And for those who wonder about whether it's possible to practice social distancing in Hong Kong, here's visual proof that it is indeed possible!

Social distancing, Hong Kong countryside edition!

What business have Chinese New Year flowers
to bloom this late in the year? :O

A photogenic thrush that one doesn't normally get to see,
let along photograph so clearly!

Normal hiking gear for some Hong Kongers, regardless
of whether there's a coronavirus about or not! :O

Social distancing, Hong Kong countryside style, mark 2!

Pampas grass in Hong Kong! :O


I honesty don't feel that I go one enough about how beautiful

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I wonder if the bird is one of these (Greater Necklaced Laughingthrush) : https://images.app.goo.gl/JYWvKzguQBzQpjV9A The head feathers are uncanny.

T

YTSL said...

Hi T --

It looks like it! Thanks for the ID! :)