Saturday, August 30, 2014

Youth and Joy (This week's Photo Hunt themes)


Youth really is wasted on the young.  When I was of a youthful age myself, I of course would never have thought that -- and this especially in those joy-filled years when I was attending college with, among others, a friend named Joy (whom I wrote about the last time joy was a Photo Hunt theme!).

So I do realize that it's a sign of my having aged quite a bit -- and at times into a curmudgeon -- that I find myself having thought that more than once in recent months; this especially when confronted by brash younger folks whose confidence far exceed their actual abilities in a work capacity! 

Therefore, I do thank Sandi and Gattina for having chosen Photo Hunt themes this week that, when combined, inspire me to more positively consider that youthful folks are capable of acts that can bring people joy.  

And I figure I can't have become a complete curmudgeon just yet since that I did get some joy myself from re-viewing the photos I took of the joyous, festive show that was put on for the community -- by a combination of youth and older folk -- in Shau Kei Wan in honor of the Taoist deity Tam Kung's birthday a few years back along with a smaller festive occasion I just happened to come across while visiting Cheung Chau -- the island home of one of Hong Kong's major festive celebrations -- one day! ;b

8 comments:

Gattina said...

Looks like real joyful events !

Trekcapri said...

Hi YTSL, that looks like a fun event and it would bring me a lot of joy watching their energy and enthusiasum. Bless their youthful hearts.

Have a wonderful weekend.

eastcoastlife said...

The joy of youth! I was active like them decades ago. haha.....

YTSL said...

Hi Gattina --

Agreed!

Hi Trekcapri --

There were older as well as younger participants in those fests. So bless all of their hearts! ;b

Hi EastCoastLife --

Did you take part in lion, etc. dances? :O

Actually, I'd believe it! :D

peppylady (Dora) said...

I know I have no desire to be Teen again. I'm so thankful both of son got though the teen year fairly easy.

Coffee is on

YTSL said...

Hi Peppylady --

Ya, I'm happy not to be a teen any more. Wouldn't mind revisiting my 20s though... ;b

Cathy Keisha said...

Great way to combine both PhotoHunt themes.

YTSL said...

Hi Cathy Keisha --

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Seems like fewer and fewer Photo Hunters are doing that these days...