Sunday, January 10, 2010

A full Sunday


I've had a full day of fun and activity today. So this post will be pretty brief. Basically, I just want to state once again that one of the great things about Hong Kong is that there's so much to do and that another great thing about this place is that its great public transportation as well as overall small physical size allows me to do such as cram the following into a single 12 hour period:-

A hike (along the High Junk Peak Country Trail
in Clear Water Bay Country Park) that offered up
scenic views like these and ended up near...

...Joss House Bay and the Tin Hau Temple that is Hong Kong's
oldest (but has been recently renovated)
(More than by the way, I took this blog entry's top-most photo
near the top of the hill in the background!)

The Pancakes' 10th anniversary concert
(For the record, The Pancakes is a one-woman band --
but she performed with a bunch of musician friends at this show)

To sum it all up, here's some more proof then that Hong Kong rocks -- culturally and also for nature-loving hiking enthusiasts! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you for getting to see The Pancakes!

YTSL, you are truly the one person I know who makes me the most envious. But thanks at least for sharing all the great Hong Kong happenings that I'm missing out on. ;)

Horsoon said...

HK is indeed an amazing place :)

sarah bailey knight said...

Hi ytsl,

Yeah, The Pancakes! Did she have any CDs for sale? If so did you buy any?

Gweipo said...

agreed! We had a fabulous morning on the beach on Sunday - a sunny weekend in winter in the northern hemisphere, with easy bus access? And it was deserted!

YTSL said...

Hi duriandave --

What if I told you that...? Nah, don't want you to die of envy. So, won't tell! ;b

More seriously, thanks for managing to get something out of reading what you're missing out on. :D

Hi Horsoon --

Yes, indeedy!!! :)

Hi sbk --

She had CDs for sale but figuring I can get them from elsewhere if I want, I plonked down my money to get a The Pancakes t-shirt instead. :b

Hi gweipo --

Did you swim or your play on the beach??? I'd think of going and walking along the beach -- but swim in the water, especially in winter? No way! :D

sarah bailey knight said...

ytsl,

A t-shirt wow!! Can you please take a photo of it. Wow! And ditto duriandave's comment "thanks ... for sharing all the great Hong Kong happenings".

Anonymous said...

YTSL, you're a horrible tease!

YTSL said...

Hi again sbk --

I'll see what I can do about a photo of the t-shirt (and will e-mail it to you if I don't post a photo of it on the blog!). :)

Hi duriandave --

Teeheehee!!! ;b

Gweipo said...

No we didn't swim. Or at least not deliberately - my son got soaked trying to catch fish with his bare hands though! He came out with blue feet!!

YTSL said...

Hi again Gweipo --

Oh dear re your son's blue feet! Up on the hill (Tin Ha Shan to be exact), it was pretty cool temperature wise!!