Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Osaka Snap x 2


"Roll up, roll up!" urges Kuidaore Taro,
the mechanical clown
in front of Osaka Meibutsu Kuidaore,
the city's oldest restaurant department store
-- which, sadly, will close on July 8, 2008

The Dotonbori Canal which runs parallel to
the famous Dotonbori food street

For those who worry that I might: Don't worry, I'm not going to give Osaka short shrift. Japan's third largest city may be derided by some as the Japanese urban equivalent of the Elephant Man but I thoroughly enjoyed the far too short period of time I spent there; this not least since Osaka is a truly superb place for foodies! :b

More than incidentally, someone else who has been to Osaka recently and seems to have a good time (sometimes frequenting the same places I did -- as this photo essay on her blog shows!) is one of this blog's regular visitors, sbk. I hope she'll put up more photos of Osaka and Japan in general on her blog... and hope that there are others out there hoping the same of me. ;)

6 comments:

sarah bailey knight said...

ytsl,

Thank you for the plug.

Haha. Not only did we visit the same place almost at the same time we took similar pictures. Great minds think alike, no, I mean snap alike-bad I know....couldn't resist.

Glad to know the clown is Kuidaore Taro. Just about everyone stopped to have their photo taken with him. Were people doing that when you were there?

Please continue with your Japan photos. I took so many photos I could blog for weeks just about Japan.

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

You're welcome with the plug. :)

And yes, lots of people were taking photos of/having their photo taken with Kuidaore Taro, so I had to wait a few minutes before I could take my picture (that's without such folks!).

And yeah, I know the feeling about having so many photos I could blog for weeks just about Japan... ;b

Anonymous said...

Specially like your night scene picture. Really look nice :) More?

YTSL said...

Hi Strawberrie-kid --

Woah, coming from you, that's a real compliment. (But can you tell that I took that shot without a tripod? ;b) And yes, more soon, promise! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I guess no one would like to travel with a tripod, too troublesome. So your hands must be very steady. You're on your way to pretty pictures :)

YTSL said...

Hi again strawberrie-kid (or should that be kit? ;b) --

Actually, it's not just that I don't travel without a tripod but also that I've yet to invest in a tripod! Also, my hands can be steady sometimes -- I find it helps to take a deep breath -- but other times... ;S