Thursday, March 27, 2008

Contributions to one more issue of bc magazine


One of the films that one of this issue's
interview subjects directed

As the proverbial 'they' say, time flies when you're having fun. While that can seem true enough, it's also most definitely the case that time flies when you're busy. And boy, have I been busy these past couple of weeks -- with work as well as having fun! So it really does feel that not that much time has elapsed since I was providing links to articles by me in the previous issue of bc. Yet here I am doing the linking thang once more...

i) Lunar Laughs -- feature article on physical theatre master Wolfe Bowart and his LaLaLuna show;

ii) The Three Kingdoms Resurrected -- feature article on director Daniel Lee and his upcoming Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon;

iii) Pines in the Wind -- feature article on the Hong Kong Wind Philharmonia's Annual Concert 2008;

iv) Review of Tony Ching Siu Tung's An Empress and the Warriors (and yes, the director of A Chinese Ghost Story and Swordsman trilogies really has added Tony to his names!);

v) Review of Patrick Kong's L For Love, L For Lies (starting Alex Fong Lik Sun and Stephy Tang);

vi) The Editor's Diary which covers the period from March 27 to April 9; and

vii) My first contributions to the Sports section. :b

6 comments:

Glenn, kenixfan said...

Ok, Daniel Lee did Dragon Squad? That movie was atrocious, IMHO.

Still, I have higher hopes for Lee's film than the Kelly Chen.

She was so cute in stuff like And I Hate You So but looks totally miscast in that film.

I'm sure I will still see both despite my misgivings.

I swear, if Miriam Yeung does one of these period pictures, I'll scream.

YTSL said...

Glenn --

Yeah, Daniel Lee did "Dragon Squad" but I'm trying to be optimistic and remember that he (also) directed "Moonlight Express" and "Black Mask" (1, not 2).

Re Kelly Chen: Thought "And I Hate You So" was aptly named considering that it starred her and Aaron Kwok. Actually, the only film I've liked her in to date is "Lost and Found".

As for Miriam Yeung: Post meeting her, have to say that I've become a big fan of hers. If only her movies showed her being as pretty, smart and lovely as she is in real life!

Willow said...

Speaking of Miriam Yeung - I recently purchased her (and Eason's) "Hooked on You" based on your positive-ness about the film. ;D

YTSL said...

Hi Willow --

Ooooo and hope you won't rue your decision and my recommendation. :)

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was going to see something about that team in London, ummm, begins with A, some football team. This was MUCH more interesting :)

YTSL said...

Hi a. --

Oh, you mean my contribution to the sports section? Unfortunately, unless Arsenal come over to visit (like Liverpool, Portsmouth and Fulham did last year)... ;S