Sunday, December 3, 2023

Enjoying views of the sunrise from my hotel room in Morioka (Photo-essay)

I'm not a morning person -- but I woke up early enough to see the sunrise on my first morning in Morioka.  To get an idea of how rare an occurence this is: the last time before this that I saw a sunrise was from the top of Jeju's Seongsan Ilchulbong back in late 2018!  Also, as far as I can recall, I have never seen a sunrise in Hong Kong!

The reason I got to see the sunrise in Morioka was because I had planned an early start to my day of sightseeing -- due to the weather forecast, which is amazingly accurate in Japan, being for it to rain in the afternoon (but not the morning) and my plan for the day involved going out on a lake -- Japan's deepest, in fact!  More on that lake later. In the meantime, enjoy the beautiful sunrise views that I managed to catch without having to leave my hotel room!
 
Not at all a bad sight to wake up to and 
get to view from one's hotel room, huh? :)
 
Another part of the same sky that was less bright
 
Meanwhile, another section of the sky was in between 
in brightness between the two previously highlighted!
 
As it got brighter, the buildings ceased to be
silhouettes and became more visible
 
Spider looking like it's floating in the sky ;b
 
The section of sky looking like it was ablaze...
 
A question for those who read this: can you
tell that this is a sunrise, not a sunset?
 
Last photo before I stopped gawping at the sunrise
and went to get ready for that day's excursion :)

No comments: