Tuesday, September 5, 2023

In praise of Japanese transport (which includes Hello Kitty shinkansen and Funassyi trains)! (Photo-essay)

At long last, I think this will post be my final entry about the most recent Japan trip I took -- some three and a half years ago now -- one which saw me spending time in Okunoshima, Ikuchijima, Akishoyishido and Hagi, among other places.  On this trip, I took a number of boat, bus and train rides; some of which made for enjoyable experiences in themselves.  
 
At the very least, they made me appreciate once more that Japan really is one of those parts of the world with great transportation.  And so great is the transportation that I think it merits a photo-essay of its own.  So, without further ado:
 
One of the boats that plies the route between Mihara 
and Okunoshima (AKA Rabbit Island) 
 
On a bus going between Yamaguchi (which I've only ever been to 
on transit to a number of other places!) and Akyoshido
 
On the more comfortable long distance bus between
Hagi and Shin-Yamaguchi train station

A bus advertising the Hello Kitty Shinkansen...
 
...which I spotted upon arriving in Fukuoka's Hakata station
from Shin Yamaguchi later that day!
 
Should anyone doubt: the Hello Kitty Shinkansen really exists! :)
 
And yes, it really does transport passengers! ;b
 
And yes, part of me does wish that I had gone on it! 
(Ah well, next time, eh?  Though it's also true enough
that I would like to go even more on the Funassyi train!)

2 comments:

Brian Naas said...

No plans to go back? Hello Kitty misses you.

YTSL said...

Hi Brian --

Of course there are plans to go back! Japan remains my favourite country to visit, after all. :)