Monday, February 12, 2024

Enter the new dragon year!

"Dragon" installation in a Hong Kong public park! :D
 
Kong hei fatt choi!  It's now the third day of the new Year of the Dragon and I feel a need to mark the occasion with a blog post as well as assure people who wondered if I was alive that I indeed still am so.  Also, for the time being, I don't have plans to entirely stop blogging... but I might take a break for a bit.  
 
Somehow, I've just not felt the urge to blog as much as previously; probably because there's so little sense here that there actually are people reading what I've written -- unlike, say, over on Twitter (and no, I refuse to call it X still!).   For now, let's play it by ear and see how it goes, shall we? 

At the very least, I do still want to write reviews of Hong Kong films I see here.  And it would be nice to finish chronicling my most recent (October 2023!) Japan trip here, I think; since I know of at least one person who seems interested in checking out those posts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I wonder who designed it. To me it is an eye sore...... They should have setup a proper dragon popping up on the structure, or curling its body around it.

The head looked like a gekco, not a dragon.

T

YTSL said...

Hi T --

Happy New Year (was that message from you too)? Re that dragon: I don't mind it. Better than the pandas over on the harbourfront by the Hong Kong Island side of the Cross Harbour Tunnel!