Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dragon's Back redux (another photo-essay)


A little more than two weeks ago, I posted
my first Dragon's Back photo-essay. For those who enjoyed it, here are more photos. Again, apologies for the haze in some of them -- but, hey, they still do give a fairly good sense of what's out there to be seen when out hiking in the (relative) wilds of Hong Kong, right? :)

"Better to be safe than sorry"
appears to be the Hong Kong authorities'
approach to many matters, including hiking!

This being said, sometimes they do
have a point there... :b

Different types of vegetation --
including, I imagine, those planted by humans
along with others that are more natural
--
along the Dragon's Back

Hazy but still panoramic view that takes in
luxury housing on the Red Hill Peninsula

and -- in the distance, over on the right --
the big and beautiful Tai Tam Reservoir

Every once in a while, I'd pause
to catch my breath, look around and take photos,
including of nearby things as well as scenic vistas

A small waterfall that we passed by
early in our hike (which,
for those wishing to replicate it,
started near the prison at Mount Collinson)

As I told my hike companions,
these look like the kind of nuts and acorns
that Totoro likes!
;b

Speaking of my friendly hike companions:
There they are, walking ahead of me, in this final photo... :)

5 comments:

Willow said...

Looks like a place I'd venture to hike.

YTSL said...

Hi Willow --

If you're into hiking, I'd highly recommend checking out the Dragon's Back. :)

A. said...

Great photos, love the waterfall!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun hike. Enjoyed the photo mix of 'scenic vistas' and 'up close and personal' shots of nature & your friends. Great acorn photo!

YTSL said...

Hi a. --

Thanks and am glad you like the waterfall. Funnily enough, it was one of the photos I was swithering between posting (versus another that didn't make the cut)!

Hi sbk --

Figured you, of all this blog's visitors, would particularly appreciate that acorn photo... ;)