Saturday, July 4, 2020

Pear adoration on the occasion of Funassyi's 1882nd birthday! (Photo-essay)

This time last year, the extradition bill was preying on my mind.  Now, it's the sweeping security legislation that China has imposed on Hong Kong and, to a lesser extent (because Hong Kong's now had three weeks without a local transmission), the Wuhan coronavirus that are major concerns.

What's not changed in between last and this July 4th though is my love for a certain Pear (Fairy) who came down to Earth -- or, at the very least, made its first physical appearance in public -- on April 2012 but lists its birthdate as July 4, 138; and still is capable of making me smile and laugh, and be downright inspired by its cheery disposition and big heart.  Yes, today is the 1882nd birthday of Funadius Yonsei (better known as Funassyi)!  

And in honor of a being whose existence I honestly feel makes the world a better place, here's presenting a(nother) Funassyi-themed photo-essay -- this time, of some items I came away with over the course of visits I made to three Funassyilands (one each in the Pear's home city of Funabashi, Tokyo and Osaka) in 2019 along with views of the Funassyilands that are like pilgrimage sites for me:-

Some items I did not avail myself of at the Funabashi 
Funassyiland when I visited back in May 2019

I did come away from my visit to Funabashi with 
a free magazine promoting the city
with Funassyi on the cover though! :)
 
Funassyi-themed socks for my chairs ;D

Spot the Pear at Harajuku Kiddy Land!

 There hopefully will be at least one corner of 
that store that will be forever a Funassyiland...

 A section of the Osaka Kiddy Land is 
home too to a Funassyiland :)

Part of me so wanted to bring that 90cm
Pajama Funassyi plushie home...

What I absolutely made sure to get was a 2020 calendar
to sit on my desktop -- and I really do hope that I'll be 
able to get the 2021 edition on a future visit to Japan...

4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Happy Birthday to Funassyi.

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

Have you become a fan of the Pear too? Cool if so! :)

sarah bailey knight said...

Happy Belated Birthday to the Pear. I look forward to another year of smiling at the Pear’s antics.

YTSL said...

Hi sarah --

I look forward to another year *at least* of (our) smiling at the Pear's antics. I do wonder from time to time how much longer Funassyi can be (this) active. But I'm going to take each day as it comes. Otherwise, the future's may be too scary to deal with!